Tuesday 1 November 2011

Research - fashion photographers

Jason Christopher - http://jasonchristopher.com/photography/fashion/

Jason Christopher who is from Los Angles in America is a fashion photographer. He started to be interested in photography at the age 14 which is when he used his first camera. In high school he started becoming interested in fashion magazines such as vogue and w magazine. He then started to assist another photographer, Jerry Avenaim, who photographed celebrities so this is where Jason got most of his experience from. Some of Jason's images have been compared to famous artists such as Leonardo Da Vinci. I like some of Jason's work and there are other pieces of his work that I do not like. I like some of his work because of how he uses lighting in his images. I also like the colour he uses in his images, such as dressing his models in bright contrasting colours, I think this gives a really nice effect and makes the photograph exciting for people to look at and also draws people to it. I don't like some of the work because I find some it rather plain and boring. 






Rankin - http://rankin.co.uk/fashion/ (some images from google aswell)
Rankin's full name is John Rankin Waddell, he is a british fashion and portrait photographer. He started to study photography ages 21 in London, whilst he was studying he met Jefferson Hack. They started working together and then after graduating they decided to start a magazine named Dazed & Confused. He has also photographed many famous people such as Kate Moss, The Rolling Stones and Britney Spears. I really like Rankin's work, because of how different it is to other photographers I looked at. I would really like to try and re-create his work because it would be attempting to make my models look like some of his do and I also would like people to try out some of the ways he gets his models to stand. I also like how a lot of his images are taken in high key, I really like high key images and would like to re-create some myself as part as my project. Some of his photos are too bizarre and this could put people off liking them. 














No comments:

Post a Comment