Monday 28 November 2011

Documentary, Evaluation - Task 5

Evaluation
I have enojoyed this project to some extent. I have liked some of the images I have looked at and found them interesting but some others I didn't like as much. I enojyed looking at the word of Zed Nelson and Richard Drew, I think their images were really interesting to see what was the story behind them. I didn't find Indu Antony's work very interesting to look at, as it was a little boring and sort of repetative. The message that his images gave were nice but the images themselves weren't what I like. I tried to copy the fact that Zed Nelson takes pictures of some advertisments in places such as cities that people see all the time. I am not too happy with the Zed Nelson images I recreated because they do not really look like his work, it was hard to recreate his work though. Both his images and mine use adverts which are linked with things trying to make people look beautiful. The story that this tells is that people see adverts everyday with people who have been made to look their best so they want to look the same and this influences them. People who see this images may realise that people see this everyday and are becoming obsessed with wanting to look like these people. I tried to copy the style of the images that Indu Antony has taken in the destitute home. My images are not too similar to his because they are not based on the same subject but they are the same style and colour scheme. When people look at dark black and white images they are normally not happy images, and are trying to get a serious message across, which is what Indu Antony is trying to do. My images are not about a serious matter but just are the same style. The Richard Drew images that I have re-created are nothing like his images, but I tried to copy the colours that are used in his images. My images include buildings and vertical lines which are also included in Richard Drew's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment