Monday 26 September 2011

street photography

what is street photography
street photography is captured in public places, usually with people passing by, such as candid situations.  most of the photographs that are taken on streets in places such as city centers like london and paris. 

examples of street photography
these are examples of street photography I have found in the internet. these photographers have chosen to take photos of people as they pass by.





my street photography    

For this shoot we went around Leeds city centre. We had to take photos of everyday scenarios that we saw but thought looked interesting and would make a good image. We set the camera up in AV mode using a higher F number ,around 16, so that we could get a wide depth of field.

I like this photograph because of where the people are within the frame. I like how they are towards the left of the photo and not just in the middle because I think that this looks effective.

I like how the bin men are the main part of the photograph and how the bright colour of their vests draws your attention to them. I also like how they are placed towards the left as you can see a lot of other passers by in the photograph rather than just the 2 main people, as i think this looks effective.

I really like how this photograph is a normal scenario that you would see everyday and how natural he looks. I also like how he is placed towards the back of the photo with tables in front of him but he is what your eye is drawn to straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment